Modern learning is no longer confined to the traditional classroom. Digital tools and experiences—from mobile devices to massive open online courses—have disrupted education and are quickly becoming an integral part of every learner’s experience.
Since 2000, EdTech Leaders Online (ETLO), a learning design group within EDC, has helped shape the connected learning environment. ETLO builds sustainable, scalable online and blended learning programs for a range of organizations, helping them achieve their educational mission and reach learners with innovative, evidence-based methods. Key partners include state departments of education, nonprofit organizations, K–12 school districts, museums, and global technology companies.
Through ETLO, EDC’s learning specialists collaborate with clients to design, develop, and implement high-quality, relevant learning experiences. These activities include:
- Designing and building engaging, audience-tailored online programs and courses using best practices in instructional design
- Developing capacity-building programs that help organizations build and sustain effective online learning communities
- Collaborating with organizations to build custom Web-based communication and marketing tools to promote online programs and learning communities
- Partnered with organizations to provide services in more than 35 states and internationally
- Trained more than 5,000 online learning specialists who have delivered online courses for more than 55,000 educators and students
- Developed more than 70 online courses that have been incorporated into online learning programs across the country
- Featured in the 2013 Christensen Institute case study EdTech Leaders Online: A Case Study of Scalable Online Professional Development Programs
- Received iNACOL’s Online Innovator Award for Outstanding Online Program  and American Alliance of Museums Gold MUSE Award