Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Innovation Technical Assistance Center (MIECHV ITAC)
To meet the changing needs of families and communities, home visiting programs need to continually evolve and improve. Yet programs are very busy supporting family health and well-being, providing quality services, and addressing immediate needs. They can find it very difficult to identify, test, and implement new strategies to improve services.
EDC’s Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Innovation Technical Assistance Center (MIECHV ITAC) is the continuous quality improvement (CQI) partner to home visiting programs nationwide. ITAC helps MIECHV Program Innovation awardees use new technology and data collection to drive CQI, improve services, and better meet families’ needs. The center leverages the success and expertise of two other EDC home visiting initiatives: the MIECHV Technical Assistance Resource Center and Home Visiting Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network 3.0.
MIECHV ITAC staff:
- Provide one-to-one technical assistance (TA) for each awardee team
- Implement an ongoing learning collaborative to foster peer learning and support
- Create extensive tools, resources, and online learning events driven by awardee needs
- Facilitate all-awardee meetings to highlight best practices and encourage collaboration
- Develop and share products, including webinars and written resources, to support all 56 MIECHV awardees
The MIECHV ITAC will improve home visiting through its support of seven innovation awardees in eight states and its resources for 56 MIECHV awardees.
James Bell Associates, Child Trends