Region 1 Comprehensive Center
Districts and state education agencies (SEAs) in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont need effective strategies to improve student learning and achievement. While each state has unique needs and priorities, all four states are seeking ways to improve education for students from low-income households and to close opportunity gaps for students in underserved rural and urban areas.
The Region 1 Comprehensive Center (R1CC) supports schools, districts, and SEAs in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont in addressing these challenges. Led by the American Institutes for Research with support from EDC, the R1CC provides technical assistance that helps educators use evidence-based strategies to meet students’ academic and social and emotional learning needs, preparing them for future success in life and in the workforce.
The project is carrying out the following activities:
- Facilitate strategic planning meetings with SEA leaders and staff
- Provide evidence-based strategies aligned with SEA plans and priorities
- Identify pilot districts interested in exploring and implementing evidence-based approaches
- Support pilot districts in developing a culture, policies, and protocols to ensure successful implementation
- Create training materials to help SEAs and districts scale and sustain improvements across the region
American Institutes for Research