The term artificial intelligence, or AI, has been around since the 1950s. Yet, it took many decades before computational power was strong enough to support computers’ ability to learn and solve problems. Today, however, computers have the capacity to store and learn from big data far quicker than humans. The challenge now is to build the capabilities of our workforce to understand, design, and implement AI and to communicate the results.
EDC is working with Samsung’s Innovation Campus to bring their online AI course to the United States. Students enrolled in the 10-module course will learn data science tools and applications, mathematical algorithms, AI modeling, and machine learning tools. They will also build practical experience in AI theory, design, and implementation, as well as how to communicate results, and they will receive an industry-recognized Samsung AI course certificate.
The project is carrying out the following activities:
- Design and launch website to provide information about Samsung Innovation Campus and AI course access
- Create and develop the AI online course in a learning management system
- Recruit students for the course
- In November 2022, EDC will host, facilitate, and evaluate the AI course to inform both the content of this course and the development of future Samsung courses
- This project will bring a successful AI course to U.S. students, preparing them to enter the rapidly emerging AI field.