Preliminary Guidelines for Using Interactive Mobile Technologies in Early Elementary Mathematics
This report presents detailed descriptions of five guidelines for schools and districts to consider as they draw upon interactive mobile technologies to promote students’ mathematical thinking. The authors provide a list of related resources to deepen understanding of each guideline.
Six EDC researchers and 29 educators, researchers, and technology specialists worked together to identify the following five guidelines:
- Take advantage of the affordances of interactive mobile technologies to support conceptual learning.
- Keep learning at the forefront.
- Create a classroom culture of exploration and sharing.
- Provide teachers with supports to use new tools and to transform instruction.
- Establish organizational arrangements to support effective use of technology.